Year 7 Geography Excursion to Brewongle Environmental and Education Centre
The purpose of this excursion was to apply the geographical skills that they learnt in class and to understand the purpose of using these skills in practical situations. Students participated in:
● Using iPad applications to measure average height of trees
● Using clinometers to measure the slope of the land
● Using mirrors to measure that canopy cover
● Using GPS to measure elevation
● Using grid coordinates and scale on the map of the Sackville North
● Discussing changes that humans have made to the area by comparing what they could see to old historical photos.
Year 12 Business Studies Excursion to Taronga Zoo
Students participated in a one hour workshop with Marketing staff from Taronga Zoo where their target market and marketing strategies were explained and discussed with students. There was also a discussion on possible improvements that could be made to the strategies. The other part of the day was supposed to be a chance for students to have a walk around the zoo and see the marketing strategies used within the zoo. Unfortunately due to bad weather the students only managed to see a small part of the zoo.
Students were able to see and understand how the marketing concepts and strategies are applied in practice in an actual business.